Green tea is made from the leaves from Camellia Sinensis that have undergone minimal oxidation during processing. Green tea was originated in China but it has become associated with many cultures throughout Asia. It is well known that green tea has the ability of detoxing the body.
A detoxification is elimination toxic substances in your body that is associated with poor dietary habits and/or chemical exposures. Green teas are different from black or other teas because they are made from not fermented leaves. This is a process that appears to preserve polyphenols. Use of green tea in detoxification is due to its high level of polyphenols content.
Here’s a list of some of green tea’s amazing benefits.
1. Weight Loss : Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to strengthen levels of fat oxidation.
2. Diabetes : Green tea helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating.
3. Heart Disease : Green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, which helps them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It also protects against the formation of clots, which are one the cause of heart attacks.
4. Esophageal Cancer : It reduces the risk of esophageal cancer and it also kills cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissues.
5. Cholesterol : Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
6. Tooth Decay : Studies shows that the chemical antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions.
7. Blood Pressure : Regular consumption of green tea helps reducing the risk of high blood pressure.
8. Depression : Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. This substance provides a relaxing and tranquilizing effect hence helps reducing depression.
9. Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial : Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents which make them effective for treating diseases like influenza and cancer.
10. Skincare : Green tea also helps with wrinkles and the signs of aging, as they contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances. Green tea when applied topically can reduce sun damage.