Its the most beautiful time of your life, and with that the most exciting and once in a lifetime choice to make is choosing a wedding dress. Choosing a wedding dress will be one of the most important decision you will make in your life as it’ll leave bring a million dollar feeling and at the same time make you feel like a princess. With everything you do, you need to have a rough idea in your mind. Well, to guide you through your best phase of life, here are some easy tips to follow to find yourself your dream wedding dress.
• Start Your Search Early – It is important to start your search about 8 to 9 months early especially if you are looking out for custom made dresses. Conduct a research to find what you like, get a rough idea in your head. Click through bridal boutiques online, explore on pinterest, and check out what celebrity brides are wearing and finally find for a connecting theme.
• Set a Budget – Set a budget and use this as a starting point but be prepared to be flexible. Consider what aspects of the wedding are important to you. Never forget you’ll be looking at yourself in your dress and remembering how it felt for the rest of your life.
• Research bridal shops – Don’t just go to every shop in your area. Each bridal shop will have its own unique style. service level and its important you are visiting shops which meet with your ideals. If your looking for a certain designer or a couture dress rather than mass produced find out which shops reflect your personal standards.
• Be Open – Bridal consultants will tell you that they constantly see women come in with a set idea of what they want for a gown, then try it on and don’t actually love it and instead, fall for something completely different that they’d never considered. Keep an open mind to finding a dream dress that you didn’t know would be your dream dress.
• Keep in mind the overheads – If you set a budget of say $3000, make sure to keep in mind the expenses towards tailoring, accessories (your veil, jewelry, and shoes) and cleaning and preserving the gown after the wedding.
• Familiarize yourself with some terminology – Wedding dresses come in hundreds of shades of white. In terms of general categories, you’ll find “diamond white,” also known as “silk white,” and light, medium, and dark ivory, but these vary quite a bit depending on the designer. Most gowns don’t actually come in pure white. Always try on dresses in a few different shades to determine what looks best on you.
• Envision how you want your dress to make you feel – “Do you want to look sexy, understated, modern, chic, traditional? Or perhaps you want your dress to have a more vintage feeling? Once you find your story, you will find your dress.
• Brace yourself for bridal sizing – Bridal sizing means your gown’s number will often be one to two sizes higher than for your regular clothes. Even if going bigger sounds horrifying, remember that no one will know the number but you and your consultant.
• Get Feedback – Ask your friends, relatives and close ones about the theme and the dress you choose and get constructive feedback.
• Test how comfortable a prospective gown is by moving around in it – Sit down, dance, and walk up and down the store aisles to know how comfortable you are wearing the dress.
In the end, choose the dress that feels right for you, no one else. Its all about being happy, self satisfied and getting the million dollar feel. Walk through a range of gowns, explain your inspiration behind the design and finally find yourself the right one that make you look like a sunshine.